Last Updated: September 30, 2019
This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) explains how Boekme.com( “us,” “our,” and “we”) uses your information and applies everybody who use our Web site ( the “Site”) and when you receive electronic communications from us.
Please read this Privacy Statement carefully and review it periodically for the latest information about our privacy practices. By using the Site, you agree to the terms of this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with the practices described in this Privacy Statement, please do not provide us with your personal information or interact with the Site.
We will routinely update this Privacy Statement to clarify our practices and to reflect new or different privacy practices, such as when we add new services, functionality or features to the Site. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the email address specified in your account) or by means of notice on the Site prior to the change becoming effective. You can determine when this Privacy Statement was last revised by referring to the date it was “Last Updated” above .
Types of Information We Collect
We will collect information, including Personal Information and Non-Identifying Information, when you interact with us and the Site, for example when you:
- access or use the Site;
- register, subscribe, or create an account with Boekme.com;
- open or respond to our e-mails;
- provide information to enroll or participate in programs provided on behalf of, or together with, Business Partners;
- visit any page online that displays our ads or content;
- purchase products or services on or through the Site;
- connect or link to any Site via social networking sites;
- post comments to Online Communities; and
- provide information to our Vendors.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to the collection of information in any way other than as listed above.
How Boekme Uses Information
We (or our Vendors on our behalf), use information collected as described in this Privacy Statement to:
- Operate, maintain and improve the Site and our services;
- Provide you with personalized ads and offers for products and services from us and participating Business Partners;
- Facilitate and fulfill orders placed on the Site – for example, for Boekme.com vouchers and other goods and services, including tracking redemption;
- Evaluate your eligibility for certain types of offers, products or services that may be of interest to you, and analyze advertising effectiveness;
- Answer your questions and respond to your requests;
- Perform analytics and conduct customer research;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about Boekme.com and our Business Partners, sometimes by combining your information with information from Other Sources;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, service bulletins, marketing messages, and requested information, including on behalf of Business Partners;
- Administer rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored by us or our Business Partners;
- Allow you to apply for a job, post a video or sign up for special offers from merchants, Business Partners, or third parties through the Site, and to
- Enhance other information we have about you directly or from Other Sources to help us better understand you and determine your interests.
We also may use information collected as described in this Privacy Statement with your consent or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
When and Why Boekme Discloses Information
We (or our Vendors on our behalf) may share your Personal Information as required or permitted by law:
- with any Boekme.com Affiliate who may only use the Personal Information for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement;
- with our Vendors to provide services for us and who are required to protect the Personal Information;
- to report or collect on debts owed to us or our Business Partners;
- with relevant Business Partners:
- with whom we jointly offer products and services;
- to facilitate a direct relationship with you, including in connection with any program we administer on behalf of the Business Partner;
- to enable electronic communications with you as part of purchase, a sponsored reward, offer, contest, program, or other activity in which you have elected to participate;
- to the extent you have purchased or redeemed a Boekme.com voucher, goods or services offered by a Business Partner or participated in an offer, rewards, contest or other activity or program sponsored or offered through Boekme.com on behalf of that Business Partner;
- with a purchaser of Boekme.com or any of the Boekme.com Affiliates (or their assets);
- to comply with legal orders and government requests, or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions;
- to combat fraud or criminal activity, and to protect our rights or those of our Affiliates, users, and Business Partners, or as part of legal proceedings affecting Boekme.com ;
- in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the Suriname and other countries where we operate; or
- with your consent.
We encourage Business Partners to adopt and post privacy policies. However, their use of Personal Information obtained through Boekme.com is governed by their privacy policies and is not subject to our control.
We may also disclose Non-Identifiable Information:
- for the same reasons we might share Personal Information;
- with Business Partners for their own analysis and research;
- to facilitate targeted content and ads; or
- with Third-Party Ad-Servers to place our ads and/or ads of our merchants or Business Partners on the Site and on third-party sites, and to analyze the effectiveness of those ads.
How Boekme.com Collects Information
You provide us with your Personal Information when you register, subscribe, create an account, purchase or redeem Boekme.com vouchers, or otherwise when you provide us with your Personal Information during your interaction with the Site. We also collect Personal Information when you contact us online for customer service and other support using self-help tools, such as email, text, or by posting to an Online Community.
When you access these pages or open email messages, we use Pixel Tags and Web Beacons to generate a notice of that action to us, or our Vendors. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve the Site’ pages and promotions.
Device Data may be collected when your device interacts with the Site and Boekme.com, even if you are not logged into the Site using your device. If you have questions about the security and privacy settings of your mobile device, please refer to instructions from your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
Security of Personal Information
Boekme.com has implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard Personal Information. For example, we use industry-standard encryption technology to secure Financial Account Information.
Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
You can access, update and delete your Account Information, and the other information you provided to us in your profile by logging into your account and accessing the “My Account” section of the Site or sending us an email at email@example.com. Keeping your Personal Information current helps ensure that we, our Affiliates and Business Partners offer you the offers that are most relevant to you.
If you want to close your Boekme.com account or have other questions or requests, please contact us. While we are ready to assist you in managing your subscriptions, closing your account, and removing your active profile, we cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, we are required to retain records relating to previous purchases on the Site for financial reporting and compliance reasons.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your Personal Information to provide you services contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Social Community Areas
Connecting through Social Networks
Boekme.com offers social networking users the opportunity to interact with friends and to share on social networks. If you are logged into both Boekme.com and a social network, when you use the Site’ social networking connection functions, we will link your social network account with your Boekme.com account if the email addresses match. If the email addresses do not match, we ask you if you want to link them and you must validate that you control the accounts. If you are already logged into Boekme.com but not logged into your social network site, when you use the Site’ social network connection functions, you will be prompted to enter your social network web site credentials or to sign up for the social network.
If you are not currently registered as a Boekme.com user and you use the Site’s social network connection functions, you will first be asked to enter your social network credentials and then be given the option to register and join Boekme.com. Once you register with Boekme.com and connect with the social network, you will be able to automatically post recent Boekme.com activity back to your social network. Please refer to the privacy settings in your social network account to manage the data that is shared through your account.
Privacy Practices of Third Parties
This Privacy Statement only addresses the use and disclosure of information by Boekme.com through your interaction with the Site. Other websites that may be accessible through links from the Site may have their own privacy statements and personal information collection, use, and disclosure practices. Our Business Partners may also have their own privacy statements. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by these other parties prior to providing them with information or taking advantage of a sponsored offer or
Boekme.com does not intend that any portion of the Site will be accessed or used by children under the age of eighteen, and such use is prohibited. The Site is designed and intended for adults. By using Boekme.com, you represent that you are at least eighteen years old and understand that you must be at least eighteen years old in order to create an account and purchase the goods or services advertised through the Site. We will promptly delete information associated with any account which is associated with a registered user who is not at least eighteen years old.
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices or this Privacy Statement. You can reach us online at email@example.com.